You are here
- ECT*, Strada delle Tabarelle 286, 38123 Villazzano (TN) Italy
Quantum decoherence in nuclear reaction dynamics, Interconnecting nuclear structure and reaction physics, Coupling assisted quantum tunnelling and formation of new elements in astrophysically important collisions involving heavy ions and exotic nuclei. Formation and decay mechanisms of the heaviest nuclei. Time-dependent quantal approaches, such as the coupled-channels density-matrix method and the time-dependent wave-packet method, are used.
Please find in ResearchGate (www.researchgate.net/profile/Alexis_Diaz-Torres2/contributions) the complete list of my publications with access to them.
PLATYPUS: a code for reaction dynamics of weakly-bound nuclei at near-barrier energies within a classical dynamical model, A. Diaz-Torres, Computer Physics Communications 182 (2011) 1100-1104.
- Coupled-channels density-matrix approach to low-energy collision dynamics: A technique for quantifying quantum decoherence effects on reaction observables, A. Diaz-Torres, Physical Review C 82 (2010) 054617-1-6.
Solving the two-center nuclear shell-model problem with arbitrarily oriented deformed potentials, A. Diaz-Torres, Physical Review Letters 101 (2008) 122501-1-4.
- Relating breakup and incomplete fusion of weakly-bound nuclei through a classical trajectory model with stochastic breakup, A. Diaz-Torres, D.J. Hinde, J.A. Tostevin, M. Dasgupta and L.R. Gasques, Physical Review Letters 98 (2007) 152701-1-4.
- Effects of nuclear molecular configurations on the astrophysical S-factor for 16O + 16O, A. Diaz-Torres, L.R. Gasques and M. Wiescher, Physics Letters B 652 (2007) 255-258.
- Two center shell model with Woods-Saxon potentials: adiabatic and diabatic states in fusion, A. Diaz-Torres and W. Scheid, Nuclear Physics A 757 (2005) 373-389.
- Shell corrections for finite depth potentials with bound states only, A. Diaz-Torres, Physics Letters B 594 (2004) 69-75.
- Effect of continuum couplings in fusion of halo 11Be on 208Pb around the Coulomb barrier, A. Diaz-Torres and I.J. Thompson, Physical Review C 65 (2002) 024606-1-6.
- Melting or nucleon transfer in fusion of heavy nuclei?, A. Diaz-Torres, G.G. Adamian, N.V. Antonenko and W. Scheid, Physics Letters B 481 (1999) 228-235.
- Level density and collective enhancement factor of a compound nucleus in a non-adiabatic approach, A. Diaz-Torres, F. Guzman-Martinez and R. Rodriguez-Guzman, Zeitschrift fuer Physik A 354 (1996) 409-416.