- ECT* Postdoc
Education: PhD., Stony Brook University, 2013
Research Interests: Nuclear Astrophysics. In particular,
– Hadronic and quark matter in core-collapse supernovae, neutron stars, and their mergers
– Composition, structure, and thermal evolution of neutron stars
– Beyond mean-field treatment of the nuclear equation of state
– Role of pions in hot and dense matter
– Quarkyonic matter and the cooling of protoneutron stars
1. Treating quarks within neutron stars, S. Han, M. A. A. Mamun, S. Lalit, C. Constantinou and M. Prakash,
Phys. Rev. D 100, 103022 (2019).
2. The APR equation of state for simulations of supernovae, neutron stars and binary mergers, A. S. Schneider,
C. Constantinou, B. Muccioli and M. Prakash, Phys. Rev. C 100, 025803 (2019).
3. Dense matter equation of state for neutron star mergers, S. Lalit, M. A. Al Mamun, C. Constantinou and
M. Prakash, Eur. Phys. J. A 55, 10 (2019).
4. Pairing properties from random distributions of single-particle energy levels, M. A. Al Mamun,
C. Constantinou and M. Prakash, Phys. Rev. C 97, 064324 (2018).
5. Enforcing causality in nonrelativistic equations of state at finite temperature,
C. Constantinou and M. Prakash, Phys. Rev. C 95, 055802 (2017).
6. Degenerate limit thermodynamics beyond leading order for models of dense matter, C. Constantinou,
B. Muccioli, M. Prakash and J. M. Lattimer, Ann. Phys. 363, 533-555 (2015).
7. Thermal properties of supernova matter: The bulk homogeneous phase, C. Constantinou, B. Muccioli,
M. Prakash and J. M. Lattimer, Phys. Rev. C 89, 065802 (2014).