Workshop preparation | Guidelines for Organizers
In case a workshop has more than one organizer, one should be identified as the coordinator. Once the Scientific Board has accepted the proposed workshop, the local workshop secretary will contact the coordinator and will assist him/her in the preparation of the workshop.
The workshop will take place in the room “Aula Renzo Leonardi” in the so-called Rustico of Villa Tambosi (the brown building), while the coffee Breaks and Lunches will be offered in the Foyer Cerere & Venere (groundfloor) of Villa Tambosi.
Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 18:00 pm
Timeline for the preparation
- The secretary will set up a page in Indico with the description of the workshop, the outline of the scientific program.
- This page and the program should be prepared well in advance of the workshop.
- A link to Indico will be available on the workshop page on the ECT* website.
- The workshop organizer is kindly asked to keep the program updated and upload the slides of the speakers on the Indico website.
- The secretary will give support. (Instructions here: Indico_Guidelines for organizers).
Registration in Indico:
- Two months before the start of the workshop the registration opens.
- About three weeks before the start of the workshop the registration closes.
- The organizers have online access to the list of registered participants and can select the participants by ‘approving’ their registration.
- The ECT* staff contacts the participants to inform them about the hotel reservation and the level of support.
Support categories for participants:
There are three possible levels of support:
- Participants with full support (up to 100%): accommodation and all meals provided for the duration of the workshop are covered;
- Participants with partial support for local expenses: ECT* covers all meals provided during the workshop. In addition, 40 Euro/night for hotel expenses are paid directly by ECT* to the hotel;
- Participants with support for all meals: “All Meals” means all lunches, a welcome dinner, a social dinner, and all coffee breaks. Note that ECT* does not reimburse lunches/dinners outside of the workshop program.
- The secretary will open a room in the Zoom platform for possible remote participants and will send the participants an invitation to join the meeting with tips and netiquettes for a correct participation in the online event. (please note that remote participation is only possibile upon specific request)
- The speakers are supposed to fill in a privacy disclaimer and will be asked if the images used during the workshop are copyright-free
In case the organizers wish, the secretary will upload a selection of the videos of the lectures (a maximum of 3 videos per day on average) on the ECT* YouTube Channel, under a dedicated playlist.
If the workshop is directly supported by HORIZON2020 and Horizon Europe Projects, its ‘group leader’ (normally, the main organizer) is asked to follow the additional rules:
- fill out a questionnaire to be submitted to the European Commission and
- provide ECT* with a brief report within two weeks after the end of the workshop.
This report should contain two paragraphs, maximum of ten lines each, summarizing the objectives and the achievements of the project.
In case of STRONG-2020, its ‘group leader’ is asked to:
- fill out a questionnaire to be submitted to the European Commission. The questionnaire can be found under (link);
- tag all workshop dissemination actions with the STRONG-2020 logo;
- inform the ECT* about any outputs of the workshop in order to allow the centre to report on publications that have appeared in journals (or conference proceedings) and that are a result of workshops funded by EU-projects;
- include the following funding acknowledgment to publications that are a result of the workshop: “This infrastructure is part of a project that has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation program under grant agreement No 824093“.
- After the workshop, the coordinator should submit a workshop report. This report, which will be part of the ECT* Annual Report, has to be send to the ECT*secretary not later than 2 weeks after the closing date of the workshop.
- The report should be prepared as a Word file, using the template at the bottom of this page.