Open position for the project "Microscopic calculations"
Funded by Caritro Foundation
- development of mean-field models, such as density functional and Hartree-Fock, which allow state-of-the-art calculations of nuclear masses and structures;
- employ these models to provide state-of-the-art global nuclear property calculations that can be used in stellar core-synthesis calculations;
- r and s process simulation;
- calculation of stellar cross sections and reaction rates based on the microscopic nuclear structure calculations listed above, including using relativistic models for ab-initio calculations of the electronic structure of nuclei involved in decay;
- modeling of kilonovae spectra by solving the problem of radiative transport with a Monte Carlo approach using the TARDIS tool;
- dissemination of the results of the project “Microscopic Calculations” on international journals.
Deadline: February 28, @ 12:00 (CET)
Detailed description and Application form: